HC Deb 08 June 1988 vol 134 c593W
Mr. Dunnachie

To ask the Secretary of State for Social Services what financial assistance is currently given to parents whose children suffer from Prader-Willi Syndrome; and if he will make a statement about any help that is proposed.

Mr. Scott

The disability benefits available for children are attendance allowance and mobility allowance. Entitlement to these allowances is not related to the specific diagnostic condition, but children who suffer from Prader-Willi Syndrome may qualify if they satisfy the eligibility criteria in terms of their need for attendance or their inability to walk.