HC Deb 06 July 1988 vol 136 c633W
Mrs. Beckett

To ask the Secretary of State for Social Services whether a local authority may apply part of the rent rebate of an income support claimant to meet arrears of rates.

Mr. Portillo

[holding answer 21 June 1988]: Rent rebates are awarded to help people on low incomes with their rent and cannot be used to meet arrears of rates.

Forward to