HC Deb 28 January 1988 vol 126 c317W
Mr. Dickens

To ask the Lord President of the Council if he will further consider seeking to introduce a system whereby an hon. Member suspended from the service of the House should forfeit his salary for a period of up to three months; and if he will make a statement.

Mr. Wakeham

This is ultimately a matter for the House to decide. I would, however, refer my hon. Friend to my reply to my hon. Friend the Member for Northampton. North (Mr. Marlow) during the course of business questions on 14 January at column 460.