HC Deb 26 February 1988 vol 128 c337W
Mr. Sheerman

To ask the Secretary of State for Employment what information he has as to how many local authorities(a) have a designated tourism office, (b) have a department or sub-department of tourism, or (c) have a tourism officer employed within an economic development unit.

Mr. Lee

This information is not available and could be obtained only at disproportionate cost. However, I welcome the fact that a large and increasing number of local authorities have staff with specific responsibilities for developing tourism within their areas.

Forward to