HC Deb 19 February 1988 vol 127 c769W
Mr. Hayes

To ask the Attorney-General if he will introduce legislation to provide new ways to enable companies and organisations to allocate or distribute long-standing funds where intestacy has resulted in an inability to trace claimants.

Mr. Brooke

I have been asked to reply.

No. The distribution of the property of persons dying intestate is a matter for their personal representatives. Where there is no one entitled following an intestacy, the matter should be referred to the Treasury Solicitor as Bona Vacantia.

Forward to