HC Deb 21 December 1988 vol 144 c292W
Mr. Wigley

To ask the Secretary of State for Wales if he will identify the district councils which are eligible to apply for money available to local authorities in rural areas with a high concentration of second homes to purchase homes for sale or rent to local people; and whether this money will be by way of grant or loan.

Mr. Grist

All district authorities in rural areas with a high proportion of second homes are invited to apply for the £1 million extra funding available in 1989–90. The money will be made available by way of additional capital allocation and may be used to acquire property for rent or re-sale.