HC Deb 16 December 1988 vol 143 cc752-3W
Mr. Allen

To ask the Secretary of State for Social Security (1) whether he has any plans to extend community care grants to persons leaving hospital and in receipt of invalidity benefit; and if he will make a statement;

(2) if he will amend his direction 25 in such a way as to enable those discharged from mental institutions and who are in receipt of invalidity benefit to be eligible for community care grants;

(3) if he will extend the criteria for allowing community care grant as a means of increasing the take up of the current budget.

Mr. Scott

We have no such plans, but we have undertaken to monitor the operation of the recent social secrity reforms, including the social fund.

Forward to