HC Deb 06 December 1988 vol 143 cc151-2W
Mr. Alton

To ask the Secretary of State for the Environment (1) how much has been allocated by the Housing Corporation to individual Merseyside housing associations for adaptations to properties tenanted by disabled people; if he will list the associations' bids; and what were the comparable figures for 1987–88;

(2) how much the Housing Corporation has allocated throughout the United Kingdom for adaptations for the disabled; and what were the comparable figures for 1987–88.

Mr. Trippier

This information is not held by the Department. The Housing Corporation is responsible for allocating its capital programme for grants and loans to individual housing associations and types of scheme within the broad framework agreed annually with Ministers. I have therefore asked the chairman of the corporation to provide the information requested to the hon. Member direct.