§ Mr. Madden
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department if he will list the names of individuals and organisations to whom Mr. F. J. Warn, an official in his office, wrote on 7 March, concerning offensive weapons and the Criminal Justice Bill [Lords].
§ Mr. Douglas Hogg
The list for the letter of 7 March is as follows:
- The Retail Consortium
- British Sports and Allied Industries Federation
- British Toy and Hobby Manufacturers Association Ltd.
- Gun Trade Association Ltd.
- British Importers Confederation
- British Wholesale Traders Association
- Federation of Wholesale and Industrial Distributors
- Mail Order Traders Association
- Co-operative Union Ltd.
- Association of Toy, Stationery and Fancy Goods Wholesalers
- British Cutlery and Silverware Association
- Whitby and Co.
- Local Authorities Co-ordinating Body on Trading Standards
- Association of Metropolitan Authorities
- Association of County Councils
- British Hardware and Homeware Association
- Martial Arts Commission
- British Veterinary Association
- British Antique Dealers Association Ltd.
- Association of Chief Police Officers
- A number of Government Departments
Officials subsequently wrote to a number of other organisations in the same terms including the Angling Foundation, the National Anglers Council and the London and Provincial Antique Dealers' Association Ltd.