HC Deb 21 April 1988 vol 131 cc522-3W
Mr. Heddle

To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department if he will publish in theOfficial Report details of the byelaws which have been made by local planning authorities under the Public Health Act 1961 in respect of amusement arcades; and if he will make a statement.

Mr. Douglas Hogg

To date, only Westminster city council has made byelaws specifically to regulate amusement arcades. These were confirmed on 24 August 1987. We will shortly be consulting the local authority associations and the amusements industry on a scheme of model byelaws which it is proposed to issue for adoption by other district and borough councils.

Forward to