HC Deb 16 November 1987 vol 122 c429W
Mr. Tony Banks

To ask the Minister of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food what residential accommodation is provided for departmental Ministers and civil servants and charged to public funds; and what has been the total cost in each financial year since 1979.

Mr. Donald Thompson

My Department does not provide residential accommodation for Ministers. At certain laboratories and experimental centres, housing is available at the "fair" rent but key workers (whose duties require them to be on call outside normal hours) pay less. The costs of providing this accommodation since 1979 cannot be calculated without disproportionate effort.

Back to
Forward to