HC Deb 12 November 1987 vol 122 c211W
Mr. O'Neill

To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department what action he proposes to take to establish regional refugee centres.

Mr. John Patten

The voluntary services unit of the Home Office takes a close interest in proposals to establish regional refugee centres in the form of regional councils. Whether such a response is appropriate to the circumstances of the area in question must, however, be decided locally.