HC Deb 12 November 1987 vol 122 cc235-6W
Ms. Richardson

To ask the Secretary of State for Employment what guidance his Department gives to local authorities concerning the resettlement of homeless persons outside their own borough in relation to their employment prospects.

Mr. Lee

My Department, principally through the employment service jobcentre network, is able to offer advice on employment prospects in particular localities to local authorities and to other enquiries, including employers and jobseekers. This includes providing information about jobs available locally and in other areas, advice on general employment matters and Department of Employment and Manpower Service Commission programmes and provision.