HC Deb 09 November 1987 vol 122 c68W
Mr. Rooker

To ask the Chancellor of the Exchequer if employees paying poll tax for live-in employees will be entitled to charge such payments to business expenses.

Mr. Norman Lamont

Yes. An employer who pays the community charge for an employee as part of his remuneration package will normally be able to claim a deduction for tax purposes.