HC Deb 02 November 1987 vol 121 c582W
Mr. Blunkett

asked the Secretary of State for the Environment if he will make it his policy that tenants of local authority housing will not be transferred to housing action trusts without their own or the local authority's consent.

Mr. Waldegrave

My right hon. Friend will consult the relevant local authorities and inform local residents when he decides to seek parliamentary approval for the designation of an area as a housing action trust, but the final decision on whether to seek designation of a particular area must remain his.