§ Lord Henderson of Brompton
asked Her Majesty's Government:
Whether they will list the Acts passed since 1945 which are called temporary provisions Acts either in their Short or their Long Titles.
§ The Lord President of the Council (Viscount Whitelaw)
It is regretted that a full list cannot be provided without a disproportionate expenditure of time and resources. The Acts which are readily identifiable are, by reference to Titles, as follows:
- Licensing & Planning (Temporary Provisions) Act 1946 (c. 53);
- Long Leases (Temporary Provisions) (Scotland) Act 1951 (c. 28);
- Leasehold Property (Temporary Provisions) Act 1951 (c. 38);
- Landlord and Tenant (Temporary Provisions) Act 1958 (c. 68);
- Republic of South Africa (Temporary Provisions) Act 1961 (c. 23);
- Northern Ireland (Temporary Provisions) Act 1972 (c. 22);
- Counter-Inflation (Temporary Provisions) Act 1972 (c. 74);
- Prevention of Terrorism (Temporary Provisions) Acts, 1974 (c. 56); 1976 (c. 8); 1984 (c. 8);
- Iran (Temporary Powers) Act 1980 (c. 28); Imprisonment (Temporary Provisions) Act 1980 (c. 57);
- Deep Sea Mining (Temporary Provisions) Act 1981 (c. 53).
- Acquisition of Land (Authorisation Procedure) Act 1946 (c. 49);
- Education (Exemptions) (Scotland) Act 1947 (c. 36);
- Civil Contingencies Fund Act 1952 (c. 2);
- Road Traffic and Roads Improvement Act 1960 (c. 63);
- Commonwealth Immigrants Act 1962 (c. 21); Control of Liquid Fuel Act 1967 (c. 57);
- Industry Act 1972 (c. 63);
- Northern Ireland Act 1974 (c. 28).