§ Lord Henderson of Brompton
asked Her Majesty's Government:
Whether they will list the Acts referred to by Lord Belstead (H.L. Deb., 16th February, cols. 896–7) which provide for both expiry on a stated date and extension of that date, if Parliament approves, without limit of time.
§ Viscount Whitelaw
The Acts referred to were:
- Acquisition of Land (Authorisation Procedure) Act 1946 (c. 49);
- Emergency Laws (Re-enactments and Repeals) Act 1964 (c. 60);
- Northern Ireland (Temporary Provisions) Act 1972 (c. 22);
- Northern Ireland Act 1974 (c. 28);
- Prevention of Terrorism (Temporary Provisions) Acts 1974 (c. 56) and 1976 (c. 8);
- Imprisonment (Temporary Provisions) Act 1980 (c. 57).