HC Deb 16 March 1987 vol 112 c367W
Mr. John Carlisle

asked the Secretary of State for Education and Science whether his Department monitored the loss of pay suffered by teachers employed by the Bedfordshire local education authority who withdrew their labour during the recent dispute; and if he will make a statement.

Mrs. Rumbold

No. It is for local education authorities to determine what deductions should be made when teachers break their contracts of employment.