HC Deb 07 July 1987 vol 119 c101W
Mr. Campbell-Savours

asked the Prime Minister what is the practice of Government Departments with regard to supplying to party political organisations lists of Government officials, or their agents or employees, resident overseas; and if she will make a statement.

The Prime Minister

Such information is readily available from puhlished official works of reference (for example, the Diplomatic Service List) and from commercial publications (for example Her Majesty's Consuls' List). The Foreign and Commonwealth Office also produces an Overseas Reference List of staff at posts abroad which is available on request to reputable bodies, including party political organisations. On this basis, copies are currently sent to Conservative central office and to the office of the Leader of the Opposition, among others.

Back to