§ Mr. Allen
To ask the Secretary of State for Social Services (1) how much has been paid in the last eight years on special duty payments for nurses in each district health authority in Nottinghamshire;
(2) how many residential units for National Health Service staff there have been in each district health authority in Nottinghamshire for each of the years from 1979 onwards;
(3) how many nurses have left each of the district health authorities in Nottinghamshire for each year since 1979;
(4) whether any beds or wards will be closed over the Christmas period due to staff shortages or any other difficulties in each of the district health authorities in Nottinghamshire;
(5) what was the estimate of the annual running costs contained in the initial feasibility study on the building of the Queen's medical centre, Nottingham; and what have been the annual running costs since its completion.
§ Mrs. Currie
I regret that the information the hon. Member seeks is not held centrally. I suggest that he should direct his inquiries to the chairmen of the Nottingham, Bassetlaw and Central Nottinghamshire district health authorities.
§ Mrs. Currie
Appointment of members to district health authorities is the responsibility of the regional health authority.
The Secretary of State has made three appointments to district health authorities in Nottinghamshire since 1983:
- Mrs. V. A. Dickinson was appointed chairman of Bassetlaw health authority on 1 April 1986.
- Mr. L. Teeman was appointed chairman of Central Nottinghamshire health authority on 1 April 1986.
- Mr. D. H. White was appointed chairman of Nottingham health authority on 1 April 1986.