HC Deb 07 December 1987 vol 124 c52W
Mr. John Garrett

To ask the Secretary of State for Social Services, pursuant to his answer to the hon. Member for Norwich, South of 26 November, whether the proceeds of the sale of surplus land by health authorities may be used to offset revenue deficits or to fund capital projects; and if he will make a statement.

Mrs. Currie

Receipts from the sale of surplus land and buildings are treated by health authorities as appropriations in aid to capital and used to offset gross capital spending.