HC Deb 03 April 1987 vol 113 c656W
Mr. Freeson

asked the Secretary of State for Social Services what research is being financed by his Department into the rare disease called dystrophic epidermolysis bullosa.

Mrs. Currie

The main Government agency for the promotion of medical and related biological research in the United Kingdom is the Medical Research Council (MRC) which receives its grant-in-aid from the Department of Education and Science.

This Department and the MRC are not at present funding research into dystrophic epidermolysis bullosa.

Forward to