§ Mr. Corbyn
asked the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs if he will list all current and projected aid projects to Nicaragua, El Salvador, Honduras, Costa Rica and Guatemala.
§ Mr. Eggar
The following is the information on British bilateral aid:—
- There are no current projects and none are in prospect.
- Vehicles and equipment for social development.
- No other projects are in prospect.
- National Forestry School.
- Agricultural Equipment.
- National Water Authority. Exploration and exploitation of Water Resources and provision of pipes, drills and pumps.
- National Institute of Agriculture, vehicle maintenance and provision of Land Rovers.
- Installation and maintenance of Hospital Equipment supplied under Capital Aid.
- National Coffee Institute — crop diversification and pest control and provision of spraying equipment.
- Forest Genetics Research Programme.
- Equipment for a Soils Analysis Laboratory for the National Coffee Institute.
- Central American School of Animal Husbandry.
- Advice on establishment of an Appropriate Technology Unit.
- Three year survey of Mineral Resources.
- There are no current Projects and none are in prospect.
Aid is also provided through the joint funding scheme to support small development projects co-financed with British voluntary agencies. So far this year agreement has been given for two projects in El Salvador, four in Honduras and three in Nicaragua.
All these countries are in receipt of aid from multilateral agencies to which Britain contributes.