HC Deb 18 July 1986 vol 101 c636W
Mr. John Fraser

asked the Secretary of State for the Home Department what is the practice of his Department on allowing entry into the United Kingdom in relation to visits by overseas sportsmen to the United Kingdom where the visit has been paid for by charitable organisations in the United Kingdom.

Mr. Waddington

Many sportsmen are admitted under the provisions in the immigration rules relating to visitors but work permits are required if the terms of the engagement amount to employment.

Forward to