HC Deb 03 July 1986 vol 100 c633W
Mr. Irving

asked the Secretary of State for Social Services what information is gathered centrally regarding respite care schemes for severely mentally disordered adults.

Mr. Whitney

No information is collected centrally by this Department on respite care schemes for this group of people. Most local services are now making some provision for respite care and we understand that the Health Advisory Service and the good practices in mental health project, which receives funding from the Department, have some information about good local schemes which may be useful for service planners.