HC Deb 13 February 1986 vol 91 cc525-6W
Mr. Ralph Howell

asked the Secretary of State for Social Services what income support or other benefits a British citizen receives if he is without any form of income in (i) Eire, (ii) France, (iii) West Germany and (iv) Italy if he has been in the country (a) less than three months, (b) less than 6 months and (c) less than 12 months.

Mr. Major

I refer my hon. Friend to the Department's publication, "Tables of Social Benefit Systems in the Member States of the European Communities. Portugal and Spain (position at 1 January 1985)", a copy of which is in the Library. Section IX contains information on social assistance schemes in the European Community member states.