§ Mr. Dunn
The annual allocations made for capital work at voluntary aided and special agreement schools take account of expenditure on specified major projects on which work is due to begin in the forth-coming year. The table shows the expenditure allowed for on such projects in each of the last five years.
£000's England only Roman Catholic Church of England Other Aided Schools 1986–87 4,831 647 396 1985–86 1,916 1,180 411 1984–85 1,390 1,172 295 1983–84 1,275 1,233 600 1982–83 957 1,484 600
(1) The sums allocated relate only to major projects costing £120,000 or more.
(2) The allocations are those announced before the beginning of the year in question and do not include subsequent revisions.
(3) The figures shown are for the expected expenditure in the first financial year on each new project and are related neither to the total value of the work to be undertaken nor to the total of allocations made.
(4) The religious denomination of a school may not be shown in its name. For the purposes of this table such schools have been included with non-denominational schools in the "Other Aided Schools" column.
(5) The 1986–87 Roman Catholic figure reflects expenditure on major reorganisations in Manchester and Liverpool.