§ Mr. Andrew F. Bennett
asked the Secretary of Stale for Education and Science if he will list the proposals for school closures or reorganisations he has received from local education authorities which are outstanding for (a) 15 months or more, (b) 12 months or more, (c) nine months or more (d) six months or more and (e) three months or more, respectively; and when he expects to reach a decision in each case.
§ Mr. Dunn
[pursuant to his reply, 8 December 1986, c. 42]: The outstanding proposals are as follows. My right hon. Friend will announce his decision on these as soon as possible.
(a) Proposals outstanding for 15 months or more after publication of notices
- Staffordshire LEA: closure of Kinnersley Memorial CE Junior School
(b) Proposals outstanding for 12 months or more
- Rochdale LEA: reorganisation of RC middle and upper schools.
- Hertfordshire LEA: amalgamation of Hawe Dell and Millwards County Junior Schools
- Sheffield LEA: reorganisation of secondary schools
- Kirklees LEA: closure of West Slaithwaite Junior and Infant Schools (action suspended pending outcome of appeal against judicial review)
- Gloucestershire LEA: amalgamation of Burton Vale County Secondary and Westwood's Grammar Schools
- (c) Proposals outstanding for 9 months or more
- Nottinghamshire LEA: amalgamation of St. Saviour's CE Infants and Carr Hill County Junior Schools
- Gateshead: reorganisation of secondary schools (action suspended pending outcome of judicial review)
- (d) Proposals outstanding for 6 months or more
- Salford LEA: reorganisation of county high schools
- Sefton LEA: amalgamation of All Saints, St. Simons and St. Jude's Schools
- Stockport LEA: closure of Parish CE Primary School
- Essex LEA: reorganisation of secondary schools in Epping Forest
- Warwickshire LEA: closure of Ullenhall CE Junior and Infant Schools
- Warwickshire LEA: closure of Baddesley Clinton RC Junior and Infant Schools
- Warwickshire LEA: closure of Wolverhampton Junior and Infant Schools
- Warwickshire LEA: closure of Netherwhitacre CE Junior and Infant Schools
- Berkshire LEA: closure of Norcot Primary and Grovelands County Infant schools
- Gloucester LEA: closure of Sandhurst CE Primary School
- Avon LEA: reorganisation of secondary schools in south Bristol
(e) Proposals outstanding for 3 months or more
- Wirral LEA: amalgamation of Marian and Bishop Challoner RC High Schools.
- Cheshire LEA: closure of Marbury-with-Quidsley CE Primary School.
- Waltham Forest LEA: amalgamation of Corpus Christie and Cardinal Wiseman RC High Schools.
- Lincolnshire LEA: closure of Great Hale CE Primary.
- Lincolnshire LEA: amalgamation of Waddington St. Michael's Infant and St. Clements Junior Schools.
- Cambridgeshire LEA: amalgamation of Colvile and Tydd St. Giles County Primary Schools.
- Stafforshire LEA: reorganisation in Stafford.
- Surrey LEA: closure of Heathcote Memorial (CE) and South Ash County Middle Schools.
- Kent LEA: closure of Lower Hardres CE Primary
- Hampshire LEA: reorganisation of primary education
- Surrey LEA: amalgamation of St. Teresa's and Cardinal Godfrey RC Secondary Schools.
- Cleveland LEA: closure of Huntcliffe County Secondary School.
- Cleveland LEA: closure of Westfield and Saltscar County Secondary Schools.
- Oxforshire LEA: closure of King Alfred's Boarding House.
- Wiltshire LEA: Salisbury reorganisation.
- Dorset LEA: closure of Buckhorn Weston County Primary School.
- Oxfordshire LEA: closure of Kiddington County First School.
- Wiltshire LEA: amalgamation of Burbage, Easton Royal and Grafton Primary Schools.
- Gloucestershire LEA: reorganisation of secondary school in Gloucester city.
- Gloucestershire LEA: closure of Severn Vale Secondary School.
NB. Proposals concerning special schools are not included in the list.