§ Mr. Maclennan
asked the Secretary of State for Scotland if, pursuant to the answer to the hon. Member for Caithness and Sutherland, 1 December, Official Report, column 523, he will list the works in Scotland 509W operating land-based flaring systems which are currently registered with Her Majesty's industrial air pollution inspectorate; and what controls he exercises over sea-based flaring systems.
§ Mr. Ancram
In Scotland the following premises registered under section 9 of the Alkali and Works Regulation Act 1906 (a relevant statutory provision of the Health and Safety at Work Etc. Act 1974) operate land-based flaring systems.
- BP Petroleum Development Ltd, Sullom Voc Shetland
- Occidental Petroleum (Caledonia) Ltd, Flotta Orkney
- Britoil PLC, Nigg Ross-shire
- Shell UK Ltd, Mossmorran
- Exxon Chemicals Olefins Inc, Mossmorran
- BP Oil Development Ltd, Kinneil Kerse, Grangemouth
- BP Oil, Grangemouth Refinery, Grangemouth
- BP Chemicals Ltd, Grangemouth
- Enichem Elastomers Ltd, Grangemouth
The control of sea-based flaring systems, is a matter for my right hon. Friend the Secretary of State for Energy.