HC Deb 16 December 1986 vol 107 c460W
87. Mr. Holt

asked the Secretary of State for Social Services what plans his Department has to reintroduce national insurance cards.

Mr. Major

The Department currently issues plastic national insurance number cards and, for self-employed people and voluntary contributors who pay national insurance contributions weekly, national insurance stamp cards. There are no plans to introduce other cards.