HC Deb 09 December 1986 vol 107 c129W
Mr. George Robertson

asked the Secretary of State for Transport what notification procedures are required if an airline wishes to transport armaments and explosives and use a United Kingdom airport for refuelling.

Mr. Michael Spicer

An airline wishing to carry munitions of war or dangerous goods to or from the United Kingdom (including one wishing to make a transit stop at a United Kingdom airport) is required to obtain permission from the Civil Aviation Authority. Applications for permission must be made in writing at least 10 working days before the proposed date of the flight and give full details of the proposed cargo and flight.