§ Mr. Lord
asked the Paymaster General what percentage of those long-term unemployed so far approached under the Manpower Services Commission's counselling initiative have responded to the approach; and what percentage have been placed in one of the various openings available to them under the scheme.
§ Mr. Lang
Eighty-seven per cent. of those so far approached have responded positively by attending for interview. Of those:
- 18 per cent. have been submitted to a job;
- 21 per cent. to a community programme place;
- 1 per cent. to a voluntary project programme opportunity;
- 5 per cent. for entry into a Jobclub;
- 14 per cent. to an opportunity for further training;
- 14 per cent. to a place upon a restart course;
- 5 per cent. to an information session about starting their own business under the enterprise allowance scheme;
- 9 per cent. have been referred to other agencies or to specialist Manpower Services Commission services.