HC Deb 20 March 1985 vol 75 cc502-3W
Mr. Alton

asked the Secretary of State for Trade and Industry what specific facility his Department has for granting financial and other help to young people in rural areas who wish to start their own businesses.

Mr. Trippier

Young people are, of course, eligible to apply for Government schemes of assistance for starting new businesses and can seek information and advice from my Department's small firms service. In rural areas assistance is also provided by the Development Commission's Council for Small Industries in Rural Areas. They can assist young people with negotiating loan facilities with banks or as a last resort provide loan finance themselves.

Forward to