HC Deb 09 December 1985 vol 88 cc462-3W
Mr. Holt

asked the Secretary of State for the Home Department whether police drivers have to undergo special training before being allowed to drive patrol cars on motorways; and if he will make a statement.

Mr. Giles Shaw

Before performing motorway patrol duties police officers are generally required to complete both an advanced driving course and a traffic patrol course. These courses include specific training for motorway duties.