HL Deb 21 March 1984 vol 449 c1357WA
Lord Hylton

asked Her Majesty's Government:

Where formal consultative arrangements, at district or county level, exist between the authorities responsible for housing, social services, health and probation together with voluntary bodies, in addition to the known consortia in Oxford and Devon.

The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State, Home Office (Lord Elton)

The Government's policy is to encourage discussion and collaboration between statutory and voluntary agencies; but the need for, and scope of, formal consultative arrangements between locally-based services and voluntary bodies can most appropriately be decided in the light of local circumstances and there is no central record of the existence of such arrangements.