HC Deb 30 July 1984 vol 65 c97W
Mr. Foulkes asked

the Secretary of State for Scotland what assistance for "Helping the Community to Care" will be given in Scotland; and what will be the arrangements for applying it.

Mr. John MacKay

Assistance will continue to be made available by health boards and local authorities, and through grants to certain voluntary organisations under the Social Work (Scotland) Act 1968. I hope that co-operation between boards, authorities and the voluntary sector will be encouraged by the proposals for improved arrangements for support finance which I announced on 17 July.