HC Deb 19 July 1984 vol 64 c325W
Mr. Pike

asked the Secretary of State for Social Services if he will monitor the time taken by local authorities to process applications for unified housing benefit.

Dr. Boyson

No. As I explained in my reply to the hon. Member for Burnley on 11 July, responsibility for administering the housing benefit scheme rests with individual local authorities.