HC Deb 16 July 1984 vol 64 c79W
Mr. Gordon Brown

asked the Secretary of State for Social Services which social work or social services departments have been approached by officials of his Department with a view to revealing the names of those miners on strike whose families are being assisted with loans or other payments; and under which legal power this information is sought.

Dr. Boyson

I refer the hon. Member to my reply to him on 12 July. Social work and social services departments are of course departments of local authorities.