HC Deb 17 March 1983 vol 39 c236W
Mr. Hooley

asked the Prime Minister from what sources expert scientific advice is taken before low-level radioactive waste is dumped at sea.

The Prime Minister

Expert scientific advice related to the disposal by the United Kingdom of low-level radioactive waste at sea is provided by the fisheries radiobiological laboratory of the Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food's directorate of fisheries research. In addition, the Government take full account of scientific advice and recommendations from the competent international bodies, notably the International Atomic Energy Agency and the Nuclear Energy Agency of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development.

Forward to