HC Deb 18 July 1983 vol 46 c35W
Mr. Malins

asked the Secretary of State for Social Services whether local officers of his Department inspect accommodation provided for claimants in boarding houses or hotels which is paid for by his Department; and whether any minimum standards of accommodation, including size of rooms, are required.

Dr. Boyson

No. It is the responsibility of housing authorities under the housing Acts to inspect such establishments and to enforce satisfactory standards.