§ Mr. McQuarrie
asked the Secretary of State for Scotland if he will list in the Official Report, all nationalised industries, whether statutory corporations, companies, or trading bodies of any sort, in which the Government now has any financial interest or for which it may make financial provision, in whole or part, for which he is the sponsoring Minister; and if he will list all subsidiaries or divisions of those industries which may carry on business under a different name from that of the parent nationalised industry.
§ Mr. Allan Stewart
My right hon. Friend is responsible for three nationalised industries: the South of300W Scotland Electricity Board, the North of Scotland Hydro-Electric Board and the Scottish Transport Group. The electricity boards have no subsidiaries and listed below are those owned by the Scottish Transport Group:
- Scottish Bus Group Limited
- W. Alexander & Sons (Fife) Ltd.
- W. Alexander & Sons (Midland) Ltd.
- W. Alexander & Sons (Northern) Ltd.
- Central SMT Co. Ltd.
- Highland Omnibuses Ltd.
- Scottish Omnibuses Ltd.
- Western SMT Co. Ltd.
- Caledonian MacBrayne Ltd.
- Scottish Transport Investments Ltd.
- MacBrayne Haulage Ltd.
- Sanderson Travel Service Ltd.
- Dryburgh Abbey Hotel Ltd.
- STG Information and Market Services Ltd.
- The SMT Insurance Co. Ltd.
- SMT Insurance (Brokerage) Ltd.
All the above companies are wholly-owned subsidiaries with the exception of the SMT Insurance Company Ltd. in which the Scottish Transport Group holds a 51 per cent. interest. There are also four subsidiaries which are dormant.