HC Deb 06 July 1983 vol 45 c115W
34. Mr. Corbett

asked the Secretary of State for the Environment if he will introduce a scheme to assist councils to enable tenants to transfer from tower blocks.

Sir George Young

No. Local authorities are responsible for the management of their housing stock, including any arrangements for tenant transfers.