§ Sir John Biggs-Davison
asked the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland what additions have been made to the jurisdiction of the Commissioners for Complaints; and whether they affect the responsibilities of the Northern Ireland Parliamentary Commissioner for Administration.
§ Mr. Prior
Schedule 1 to the Commissioner for Complaints Act (Northern Ireland) 1969 was amended by a statutory rule — S.R. 1983 No. 235 made on 10 August 1983, coming into operation on 1 December 1983, to bring the following additional bodies within the jurisdiction of the Commissioner for Complaints.
- The Agricultural Research Institute of Northern Ireland
- The Arts Council for Northern Ireland
- The Fisheries Conservancy Board for Northern Ireland
- The Labour Relations Agency
- The Livestock Marketing Commission for Northern Ireland
- The Local Enterprise Development Unit
- The Northern Ireland Local Government Officers' Superannuation Committee
- The Northern Ireland Training Executive
- The Trustees of the Ulster Folk and Transport Museum
- The Trustees of the Ulster Museum
The responsibilities of the Northern Ireland Parliamentary Commissioner for Administration are unaffected.