§ Mr. Strang
asked the Secretary of State for Scotland what representations he has received about holding a public inquiry on the western relief road, Edinburgh; and if he will list the organisations and individuals who made such representations.
Mr. Ron Brown
asked the Secretary of State for Scotland how many representations were made to him calling for a public inquiry to examine the proposal to build a western relief road in Edinburgh; and who were the organisations and individuals involved.
§ Mr. Ancram
The following organisations have made representations:
- The Cockburn Association
- The Scottish Georgian Society
- Atholl-Torphichen Association
- Edinburgh and District Trade Council
- Belgrave Motors Limited
- Gorgie-Dalry-North Merchiston Residents Against the Road
- Broughton-Inverleith Labour Party
- Craigroyston Work Place Branch of the Labour Party
- Scottish Association for Public Transport
- Edinburgh Old Town Association
- Tollcross Community Council
- St. Martin's Vestry
- Merchiston Community Council
- Chesser Community Council
I am putting in the Library a list of the names of individuals from whom representations have been received.