§ Mr. William Ross
asked the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland what is now the daily traffic flow across the Craigavon bridge, Londonderry, the maximum hourly flow, and what are the daily and hourly maxima possible; how often those maxima are experienced; and when he now expects this bridge to be unable to handle the daily traffic flow.
§ Mr. Chris Patten
The information is as follows:
- —daily traffic flow: 31,500 vehicles (September 1983);
- —maximum hourly flow: 2,935 vehicles (September 1983);
- —hourly capacity: 6,000 vehicles (144,000 daily);
- —the maximum hourly flow is on weekdays at peak hours;
- —it is not expected that the bridge will reach its capacity before this end of the century.