HC Deb 27 April 1983 vol 41 c351W
Mrs. Dunwoody

asked the Secretary of State for Social Services which family practitioner committees have special contractual agreements with universities for the provision of primary health care to their students.

Mr. Kenneth Clarke

No family practitioner committee has any such contractual arrangements. Fifteen have general medical practitioners on their lists who provide general medical services to university students in respect of whom they have given notice of assignment of their remuneration to the universities concerned. These are:

  • Oxfordshire
  • Nottinghamshire
  • Norfolk
  • Newcastle
  • Leicestershire
  • Leeds
  • Kent
  • Kensington and Chelsea and Westminster
  • Camden and Islington
  • City and East London
  • Birmingham
  • Bradford
  • Coventry
  • East Sussex
  • Humberside