§ Mr. Pawsey
asked the Secretary of State for Defence what bodies or organisations, for the day-to-day work or administration of which he does not answer parliamentary questions, receive finance from his Department's Vote.
§ Mr. Pattie
The Ministry of Defence makes grants or contributions to a variety of organisations listed or described in the Defence Estimates. Those for whose day-to-day work or administration the Secretary of State for Defence does not answer parliamentary questions are:
- NATO and other international bodies and organisations
- The Royal British Legion
- The Council of Voluntary Welfare Work
- The Royal Aeronautical Society
- The Scott Polar Research Institute
- The Royal United Services Institution for Defence Studies
Various religious, charitable and other institutions which receive contributions or grants for sports equipment and amenities.