§ Mr. McNamara
asked the Secretary of State for Defence whether he will list in the Official Report those aircraft, weapons and missiles currently in service with the Armed Services or designated to come into service within the next decade which have (a) a solely nuclear capacity and (b) a conventional and nuclear capacity.
§ Mr. Blaker
The aircraft, weapons and missiles in service, or currently planned to come into service with our Armed Forces within the next decade which have or are planned to have a dedicated nuclear role or conventional and nuclear roles are:
- (a) Nuclear role only
- Polaris and Lance missiles
- Vulcan aircraft
- (b) Conventional and nuclear roles
- Jaguar, Bucaneer, Nimrod, Tornado and Sea Harrier aircraft.
- Sea King, Lynx, Wasp and Wessex naval helicopters.
- 8-inch and 155mm Howitzers.
All these systems are assigned to Nato.