§ Mr. Wrigglesworth
asked the Secretary of State for Industry who are the members of the Focus committee on information technology standards.
§ Mr. Butcher
The membership of the Focus committee on information technology standards, of which I am the chairman, is as follows:
- Mr. John Whyte (Vice Chairman): Managing Director—Major Systems—British Telecommunications.
- Mr. David Fairbairn: Director, the National Computing Centre.
- Mr. Derek Spickernell, CB: Director General, the British Standards Institution.
- Mr. David Firnberg: Managing Director, EOSYS.
- Mr. John Leighfield: Managing Director, BL Systems Limited.
- Mr. Colin Haley: Product Line Planning Diector, International Computers Limited.
- Dr. David Leakey: Technical Director, GEC Telecommunications Limited.
- Mr. Tennant Barber: Manager, Development Planning and Telecommunications, British Steel Corporation.
- Mr. David Eggleton: General Manager, Computing and Information Processing Group BP International Limited.
- Mr. Alastair Macdonald: Head of Information Technology Division, Department of Industry.
- Mr. Gerald Watson: Head of Central Computer and Telecommunications Agency, Civil Service Department.
- Mr. Eric Williams, OBE: Head of Standards and Quality Policy Unit, Department of Trade.