HC Deb 20 July 1982 vol 28 c140W
Mr. Beith

asked the Secretary of State for Social Services which European Economic Community countries require travellers from the United Kingdom to produce documentation issued by his Department in order to make use of reciprocal health treatment facilities.

Mr. Geoffrey Finsberg

European Community nationals resident in the United Kingdom normally need form E1 11 in order to obtain health care benefits when visiting other member States except Ireland—where no formal documentation is required—and Denmark—where form E1 11 is needed only for nationals of countries other than the United Kingdom and Denmark.